This text contains the “Terms and Conditions”, to which users acceding site www.elsalvadorstopover.com (the Site) on an occasional, frequent or permanent basis are subject to, as well as any other operation that takes place through the Site in relation to products and/or services offered through it.
1. Acceptance on the part of the visitors.
The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism reserves the right to request each user to accept and comply with the terms herein included as a necessary condition to access, remain and use the Site.
Thus, in that respect, any person wishing to access and/or use the Site can do it but in accordance to the dispositions herein indicated, as well as with other complementary or accessory guidelines issued by the Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism, made of the knowledge of Users through the Site; as well as others arising from different legal dispositions issued at the local, national or international level.
Consequently, all visits, operations and transactions made by the user through the Site, including the pertinent legal effects, remain subject to these rules.
The terms and conditions contained in this instrument are to be understood as part of it, and will be applied to all operations that are executed through the Site between “Visitors”/”Users” and the management of www.elsalvadorstopover.com, or any other corporation or company whose products or services are offered in the Site, henceforward indistinctively referred to as “providers of tourism services”, “the companies”, “the provider” or the “providing company”.
In addition to the aforesaid Terms and Conditions, each service or product can establish particular terms and conditions, the case depending, that are binding to anyone making use of the services or acquiring such products. Such documents may be able to complement, modify, or suppress part of what is herein established, and in that event they will remain subject as indicated before. The acceptance of the above said particular terms and conditions in relation to each offered service or product is a mandatory condition in order to contract through the www.elsalvadorstopover.com site.
2. Condition of the User.
To acquire the quality of User, the sole acceptance (according to the forms indicated in Paragraph 1) of the general Terms and Conditions is sufficient. Nevertheless it has been provided that the information regarding the user must be registered in order to buy the services announced in the site.
3. Services offered by the www.elsalvadorstopover.com site
Users inside the Site might, among other activities, be informed about:
· Prices, characteristics and options of the tourism services that are offered.
· Making reservations and acquiring the different tourism and preestablished tour packages offered in the Site.
· Making reservations and hiring lodgings in hotels.
· Consult regarding reservations and car rentals.
The tourism services shown in the Site are supplied by a variety of tourism services providers; prices, availability, service conditions, promotions and offers for a determined service, can vary from one supplier to another. The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism makes extraordinary efforts to maintain updated the information regarding each service in particular, but, nevertheless, since providers constitute third parties themselves, it can happen that one provider has modified the characteristics of any of any product/s or service/s, and delays informing of this circumstance to elsalvadorstopover. Users should be suggested to confirm the data shown in the Site by connecting themselves directly with the Management.
4. Form of operating the Site.
Procedure to acquire or hire a service:
The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism through the Site makes available to Users the possibility of completing the full process of acquisition or hiring of the offered tourism services, through a very simple procedure and completely online by means of a Reservations Platform. The User wishing to contract a determined service must complete an available contract form for each service, providing all the data requested in the form such as travel date, amount of persons, personal identity information of accompanying persons, etc. After the form has been completely filled in, and after reading and accepting the particulars of each of the contracted services, the User must provide information regarding payment solely through credit card. Finally, the User will send his contract application by pressing the send button or acceptance that he will be included in the Site.
The Reservations Platform will send the User confirmation of the acquired tourism service via email, provided his email address is correct, for which purposes he is required to confirm it by entering his application for a second time.
Means of payment:
Payment of the acquired tourism services via www.elsalvadorstopover.com, can be made as follows:
Credit Cards: collection, processing and conciliation of transactions made through credit cards are made by third-party operators of electronic transactions or payment gateways. Such operators do not work for the Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism nor for the www.elsalvadorstopover.com site, or under its control. The user that accepts the services paid through his credit card, must accept the terms and conditions of the hired services provided by such aforesaid third-party operator.
The User recognizes and accepts that:
1. The transactions made with credit cards are operated by third parties different from elsalvadorstopover.
2. The payment operation as a whole is made outside the www.elsalvadorstopover.com site, and consequently, neither in the Site or the Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism accesses, processes or stores any financial data regarding the User.
3. The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism will not be held responsible for any incident or inconvenience regarding this mean of payment.
4. The selection of this payment option can imply additional administrative costs and interests.
5. The issuance of payment vouchers will be made by third-party operators of electronic transactions.
6. The Chamber of Tourism will not consider that payment has been made regarding the hired services until the payment operator reports the successful termination of the transaction.
All payments regarding the hired services will be made in US dollars, which is the legal tender currency of El Salvador.
After the User has made the payment of the hired services, the www.elsalvadorstopover.com site will issue a confirmation email, that can be presented by the User at the International Airport of El Salvador and have it exchanged for a Pass or Certificate, that will serve as a voucher of the acquired service.
Exchange conditions of the acquired service:
1. The Pass or Certificate accrediting the acquired service will only be delivered to the person that has registered as Principal User in the Reservations Platform of page www.elsalvadorstopover.com .
2. In the event of loss, robbery or partial destruction, the Pass or Certificate cannot be reissued.
Should the User desire more information about a determined package, destiny, place of lodging or of any other tourist product or service, it can be obtained through the email (email@example.com), or by phone.
5. General conditions of the contract of tourism services:
APPLICATIONS AND PAYMENTS:
1. The price and/or reservation of the services included in the tour are subject to modifications without previous notice whenever an alteration originates in the services, cost modifications or in the foreseen exchange types, for causes uncontrolled by the parties.
2. Before definitive payment confirmation of the services, payments will be held in reserve concept. The definitive confirmation of services and respective prices will cause the issuance of passages and/or service orders and the corresponding billing.
THE PRICES INCLUDE: all services as detailed in the information and description presented by the reservation platform.
SERVICES OR ITEMS NOT INCLUDED:
1. Extras, drinks, clothes laundry, tips, embarkation and services rights, VAT and other taxes, present and/or future, or any other service not expressly indicated by the Reservation Platform.
2. Stays, meals and/or additional expenses or damages caused by cancellations, delayed departures or arrivals of transportation means, or for unforeseen reasons to the company.,
3. In route meals, except for those expressly included in the programs.
1. The bearer must present a commerce affiliation certificate jointly with a Personal ID document.
2. Should the value of the service be more than that of the certificate, the client will pay the difference.
3. Punctuality is of the essence in order to initiate tours and/or packages in accordance to schedule. Non-presentation at the stipulated hour, including delays due to flights or migratory red tape, automatically cancels the services without reimbursement rights of any kind.
4. It is responsibility of the principal User to make the necessary reservations with the Reservations Platform, providing the necessary identity data of accompanying persons, without exception, up to a maximum of three additional accompanying persons per pass of the principal user. In case that more than 4 people are traveling together (including the principal User), a second additional pass must be bought at the Reservations Platform, to register another passenger as principal User.
5. In case the principle User does not provide correctly the information regarding the accompanying persons, pursuant to paragraph 4 of these general conditions they will be provided with limited entrance to the country under the benefits of the Stop Over program, and might request the payment of the corresponding immigration and airport taxes. Should a passenger refuse the payment of these taxes and therefore cannot make use of the tourism package he acquired, such situation will not give him reimbursement rights of the expenses incurred by him in order to buy this service.
LIMITATIONS TO PERMANENCE RIGHTS: The company providing the service reserves the right to make any passenger abandon the tour whenever his behavior, state of health or other reasons take place, that are judged by the company to provoke danger or cause discomfort to the other passengers or that might hinder the success of the excursion or its normal development.
DOCUMENTATION: it is the exclusive responsibility of the passenger and his accompanying persons to be informed of customs and immigration requirements and carry with them all the documents requested to clear immigration,, customs and sanitary authorities of El Salvador.
A 100% reimbursement will apply regarding cancellations realized with more than 5 days of anticipation to the arrival in El Salvador (hours and dates are estimated based on El Salvador’s local hour). In all cases, if the cancellation is produced within 4 days in anticipation of the initiation of the services, the penalties to be applied will depend on the cancellation policies of each hotel, tour operator, car rentals and of any other nature, provided, with a 100% limit of the total cost of the service.
No reimbursement will be made directly to the passenger (in the cases where this applies in accordance to terms and conditions). Reimbursements will be made by electronic means to the issuing bank of the credit card. The period of time to make reimbursements will depend on the issuing bank. Once the service has been initiated there will be no devolution or reimbursement.
ASSIGNMENT AND TRANSFERENCE: The exchanged certificates regarding an acquired tourism service is not transferable, and can only be used by the person acquiring them through the Service Platform of the www.elsalvadorstopover.com page, nor are they subject to endorsements and have no monetary value.
The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism expressly declares that it acts in a intermediary capacity in the reservation or hiring of the different affiliated services that are included in the respective tour or service reservation: hotels, cars and tourism packages.
The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism is not responsible in the event of acts of God such as chance events or force majeure, climatic events taking place before or during the development of a tour that impede, obstruct or hinder the total or partial execution or rendering of the services offered by the respective company, in accordance to the laws of the Republic of El Salvador. L
ALTERATIONS OR MODIFICATIONS:
1. The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism reserves the right for technical or for operational reasons, to alter totally or in part the programmed agenda and order of the services of a particular tour, before or during its execution.
2. Except for express provision in the contrary, stipulated hotels can be changed for another of equal or higher category in the same urban area and free of charge for the passenger. Regarding these variations the passenger has no compensation rights whatever.
3. The provider of services can cancel any tour whenever he considers the probability of safety problems for the users.
4. Once the tour has begun, the suspension, modification or interruption of the services on the part of the passenger for personal reasons of whatever nature, will not give grounds for complaint, reimbursement or devolution of whatever nature.
ARBITRAGE CLAUSE: Whatever question or dispute regarding the celebration, compliance or noncompliance, delay or termination of this contract, it can be decided, if the parties so agree, by an Arbitration Tribunal. In that sense the parties are subject to the jurisdiction of the arbitration tribunals of the city of San Salvador.
6. Exclusion responsibility of the Site.
www.elsalvadorstopover.com, is a Site destined for the promotion, dissemination and marketing regarding the services of many tourism operators. The activities of elsalvadorstopover are limited to serve as intermediary in the reservation or hiring of tourism services of difference nature.
The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism is not the provider of the services offered in the Site, nor does it render or execute by itself such products or services. The User recognizes and accepts that the Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism is not responsible for the incidents that might affect the relation that a User establishes with a provider that figures in the information published in the Site, be they referred to prices, quality and characteristics of the service, its availability, acquisition conditions, among others. It is understood that such responsibility pertains to the provider of the service.
The sole fact that a User makes contact for a reservation or the acquisition of one of the services shown in the Site signify and mean that, in effect, the User has direct knowledge of the characteristics and sale conditions of the provider of the selected service. R space to
7. Term of the offer and price.
The prices of the products and services available in the Site, will only be effective as long as they appear in it, and are subject to modifications, if any. The management can modify any information contained in the Site, including the information regarding the products, services, prices, stocks and conditions, at any given time and without previous notice.
8. Use of the personal data registered in the site.
9. Violations of the System or Database.
Any action or use of devices, software or other instruments in order to interfere, both, the activities and operation of www.elsalvadorstopover.com site, as well as offers, descriptions, accounts or databases, is against the law. Any interference, intent, infringement or actions against the laws regarding intellectual property, security of systems and/or prohibitions stipulated in this document will make authors responsible for the pertinent legal actions and sanctions foreseen by the laws of El Salvador.
10. Intellectual property
The contents of the webpages in relation to the services of elsalvadorstopover.com, as well as the information, brands, commercial names, designations, data, texts, graphics, images, designs, photographs, audio, videos, logotypes, icons, programs, databases and archives are property of elsalvadorstopover.com, or of the supplying companies, and are duly protected by the Salvadoran laws and international treaties regarding author rights, brands, patents, models and industrial designs. Unauthorized use or total or partial reproduction of us such continents are prohibited, except for express and written authorization of the Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism.
11. Links or Hyperlinks to the www.elsalvadorstopover.com site.
The establishment of any “hyperlink” or link, between one webpage unrelated to the Site or any of its pages can only be made with express authorization of the Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism.
In no case the Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism will be responsible for the contents or existing representations on the webpages of any hyperlink to the the www.elsalvadorstopover.com site. The fact of the existence of a hyperlink between a webpage and the www.elsalvadorstopover.com site does not imply that the Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism has any knowledge of such situation or that it has any relation with the owners of the webpage from which the link has been established.
The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism reserves the right to request, at any given moment and without expression of cause, the removal or elimination of any link established from any webpage unrelated to the Site.
12. Links or hyperlinks from www.elsalvadorstopover.com
The hyperlinks or links in existence in the www.elsalvadorstopover.com site that connect with webpages of third parties, pretend the betterment of the navigating experience of the User through the Site, putting at his disposition tools, contents and services rendered by third parties.
The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism does not control, support or warrant the security, quality, legality, truthfulness and suitability of the services and contents offered or furnished by third parties in the site, or when the users are out through the site. Therefore it will not respond to damages that might be experienced by users acquiring from third parties services or products.
The access and use of the linked webpages from the www.elsalvadorstopover.com site is of the exclusive responsibility of the user, who must therefore take all the necessary precautions in accordance to the type of service and contents he acquires.
13. Availability of the site.
The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism displays its best efforts to maintain and improve the quality of its intermediary services; nevertheless, it does not guarantee access and continued and uninterrupted use of the site. The system eventually might not be available due to technical difficulties or conductivity failures, or by any other unrelated circumstance to the Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism, in which cases it puts its best efforts to restore it as quickly as possible, but disallowing any responsibility in that respect.
The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism does not guarantee the exactitude of the information and data included in the site, and therefore will not be responsible for any error or omission affecting the website.
14. Access to services.
Without prejudice to the obligation of compliance with these Terms and Conditions, the services and contents offered by the Site are freely accessible to Users.
Free access does not comprehend the connection facilities to Internet. In no case will the Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism provide the necessary connectivity so that users can connect to Internet. It will be of the exclusive account, charge and responsibility of each user to have the availability and disposition of the technical means to connect to Internet.
The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism reserves the right to modify, change, increase or eliminate the access conditions at any given moment, disposition that will be published in the site. Likewise the Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism or the providing companies might temporarily modify the standing tariff policy, reserves and/or discounts of its products or services by reason of promotions, that will become effective once they are published in the site, and will remain standing until the their termination date or modification thereof, whichever happens first.
15. Changes and Modification of Terms and Conditions
The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism will be able to introduce all changes and modification that it deems convenient at her discretion regarding these Terms and Conditions, at any given moment and without serving notice, for the sole publication of such circumstance in the site would be sufficient. All modified terms will be effective the following day after their publication.
16. Contact information
So that users can contact the www.elsalvadorstopover.com management, communications addressed to www.elsalvadorstopover.com will be deemed valid.
17. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
This agreement will be ruled in all its points and items by the laws of the Republic of El Salvador. Controversies originating from this Contract regarding its existence, legality, interpretation, reach or enforcement will be submitted to arbitration tribunals or ordinary standard courts with jurisdiction of the city of San Salvador.